Purposes of the Pupil Premium Grant*
- The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their wealthier peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
- In most cases the Pupil Premium is allocated to schools and is clearly identifiable. It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium.
- For pupils from low-income families in non-mainstream settings (special schools, behaviour units for example).
- Schools are free to spend the Pupil Premium as they see fit. However they will be held accountable for how they have used the additional funding to support pupils from low income families.
This will ensure that parents and others are made fully aware of the attainment of pupils covered by the Premium.
* taken from the DfE website
Pupil Premium 2019-2020